[Kdenlive-devel] Editing AVCHD h264/AC3 files in kdenlive

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue May 5 08:17:03 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 02:48:20 Dan Dennedy wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Philippe Landau <lists at user-land.org> wrote:
> > Thank you, Dan :-)
> >
> > Dan Dennedy wrote:

> >> The problem was just a typo on my part. This available now in Settings

> > DNxHD 1920x1080 220 MB/s
> > Very beautifully done, elegant modular solution,
> > already downloaded 25 times.
> >
> >> Just add your AVCHD clip to an empty timeline with Project Settings
> >> set to an appropriate ATSC (HD) profile. Then remove any empty space
> >> before the clip on the timeline. Finally, choose Render and look in
> >> Lossless/HQ > Custom. When done, add the newly rendered clip to the
> >> project and timeline.
> >
> > Destination: Lossless/HQ: Custom
> > Is it possible to automatically give the output file the same name
> > as the input file, instead of "untitled.mov" ?

Thinking about it, I had the following idea:

In Kdenlive settings, we could have a new tab allowing users to define up to 3
"preferred profiles", which would be pairs of MLT and rendering profiles.

Once this profile pairs are defined, a new option would appear in the project
tree context menu to convert a clip to this format (and add it to project if
wanted). This way, the converted clip would have the same name as original.

We could also have a new entry in "File" menu to convert several files at once
or all files in a folder.

What do you think?

regards
jb