[Kdenlive-devel] move to git ?

Marco Gittler g.marco at freenet.de
Thu Mar 5 21:09:32 UTC 2009

Am 05.03.2009 um 21:33 schrieb Ray Lehtiniemi:

> [resend using my list-subscribed email address]
>
> On Thursday 05 March 2009 06:14:51 jb wrote:
>
>> Otherwise, your patches are welcome! How should we proceed? Do you
>> want a
>> write access to our svn?
>
> i'd prefer just throwing git branches around for review and
> discussion, as
> i've already gone up the git learning curve, and am not at all
> proficient in
> svn. (i basically went straight from cvs to git)

what about having an git repo on sf.net also with svn.
we can handle/collect branches with patches, that did not find a way
in svn yet ?
the main development tree is in svn. and nobody need to convert from
svn to git.
only use ist first as an patch collector, with a master branch tha is
in sync with svn ?

> generally, i interact with svn via patchsets. looking at github,
> however, it
> doesn't seem like it would be easy for you to grab a patchset
> directly from
> the website...
>

> probably the simplest option would be for me to produce a patchset
> here and
> email it to you or upload it somewhere. just tell me which branch
> name is
> reviewed and ready to be committed, and i can do the "git
> format-patch ..branch" and email it off for you to do final sanity
> checking
> and committing.
>

> how does that sound?
>

> ray