[Kdenlive-devel] move to git ?

Ray Lehtiniemi rayl at mail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:51:09 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009 14:09:32 Marco Gittler wrote:

> what about having an git repo on sf.net also with svn.
> we can handle/collect branches with patches, that did not find a way
> in svn yet ?
> the main development tree is in svn. and nobody need to convert from
> svn to git.
> only use ist first as an patch collector, with a master branch tha is
> in sync with svn ?

sure, that sounds like the right operational model. that's effectively what i
plan to do with my tree on github.

it might be nice to have a central tree on sf.net, which could fetch branches
from everybody else's git trees. that way, casual users have a "one stop
shop" for all the latest patch queues.

i had actually looked at sf.net first, but it wasn't obvious how to create a
git tree without creating a project first... scanning the docs, it seems like
they have only one git repo per project, and you have to belong to the
project before you can do anything. so, it should work well as an aggregation
point for the maintainer to fetch and publish branches from all the other git
trees, whereever they are hosted.

ray