[Kdenlive-devel] What is professional level work?

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Jun 26 00:19:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Mads Bondo
Dydensborg<mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> Torsdag 25 juni 2009 skrev Oceanwatcher:
>>
>> What kind of tool is in my opinion needed? A tool that is as basic as
>> possible. The focus should be on cutting video, and not on compositing.
>
> Problem is, that it is very very hard to get people to "focus" on something,
> if they are already following their personal goals - which people contributing
> to free/open software tend to do. This is something very general with
> free/open software projects, not a special thing about Kdenlive.
>
>> And if you actually has read all the way down to this, I
>> thank you for listening to these thoughts of mine whether you agree with
>> them or not. Because that is your privilege.
>
> Thanks. I tend to agree, but only because my personal itch is towards stable
> software rather than featureladden software. People tend to belittle kino, but
> kino was very very solid and did what it did very well. Every time I start a
> video project in kdenlive, it seems I end up filing bugs about stability.
> (Although the situation has improved tremendously during the last year!) But,
> unfortunately, the people that actually do contribute (and not just talk like
> me) seems to have other foci.

I believe most effort since the first 0.7 beta has been stability and
correctness of existing features. I am surprised to hear that is not
your perception. Or is there some misunderstanding or misperception?
Of course, we all like to work on new features occasionally because "a
spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down."

--
+-DRD-+