[Kdenlive-devel] off-line video editing

Oceanwatcher video at datahverdag.com
Thu Jun 25 02:09:03 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 19:17:42 Dan Dennedy wrote:
> I just want to reiterate as the MLT developer that I ignore comments
> about the needs of the professional market when it is not accompanied
> by a contract proposal.

And I think this is an extremely arrogant, offensive and unproductive attitude!

Just because you deem something professional, you close your ears to it?

Just because someone (even an amateur) want to do it the same way as "the
professionals" you ignore it?

Just because people that do this for a living and know how things can be done
with a minimum of effort give you their opinion, you don't want to listen
unless you get money for it?

I am really wondering what these words on the MLT wiki means:

--------------
MLT is an open source multimedia framework, designed and developed for
television broadcasting. It provides a toolkit for broadcasters, video
editors, media players, transcoders, web streamers and many more types of
applications. The functionality of the system is provided via an assortment of
ready to use tools, xml authoring components, and an extendible plug-in based
API.

If this is the general attitude in this project, I certainly do not want to
have anything to do with it.

And if I had the same attitude as you have, I should charge you for every bit
of advice I give you on how to do things in a better way. THAT is how the
professional world works!

--

Regards,

Oceanwatcher