[Kdenlive-devel] off-line video editing

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Jun 24 22:17:42 UTC 2009

2009/6/24 Slavko Glamočanin <slavko at glamocanin.net>:
> JMP,
> interesting opinion, but note that you are looking at performance enhancing
> instead of features.
> "Professionals" would probably much rather have a normal color grader,
> non-crashing while moving video, a LOT of tiny details that other
> aplications perfected during the years, not to mention TGA (yes, pictures)
> or advanced exports instead of faster compositing.
> The places i know to be "pro" usualy have rendering farms and such and dont

I just want to reiterate as the MLT developer that I ignore comments
about the needs of the professional market when it is not accompanied
by a contract proposal.

> - tga export

works outside of kdenlive gui, you can make your own render profile
for kdenlive and share it:

melt -profile square_ntsc myproject.kdenlive -consumer
avformat:test-%04d.tga vcodec=targa

> - goodness, maybe even a series of TGA images treated as video.
> Belive me, THAT would open a couple of doors. Exporting to TGA, even batch
> processing in the gimp if else fails, and reimporting is VERY powerful.

works for me, put them in a directory, add as slideshow clip, and set
duration to 1 frame. It even supports the alpha channel during
compositing. Well, I have the MLT gtk2 module, which has a gdk-pixbuf
loader for Targa. Maybe Qt QImage does not.

--
+-DRD-+