[Kdenlive-devel] Introduction

Ray Lehtiniemi rayl at mail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:48:55 UTC 2009

On Thursday 04 June 2009 12:59:25 Oceanwatcher wrote:

> I will poke around some more in the program. I still have some small
> problems getting some things to run, but when it is working, I will start
> looking at the documentation.

what is the overall strategy for user documentation?  i see jmpoure has
started some work migrating an old wiki into a new drupal book, but there is
not much activity on the documentation forum... is the drupal book still the
active approach, or is there another effort ongoing somewhere?

if the drupal book is the path forward, i have some hacks to the book module
which i use on my private home website which i could contribute. they are:

  - a set of CSS styles which produce a nicely formatted printer friendly
    link
  - a hack providing direct access to the edit page from each node in the
    print preview

these two simple changes make writing the docs a _LOT_ easier in drupal.

i'm also experimenting with some XSLT stylesheets to produce ODF documents
directly from the drupal printer friendly output, which might be useful for
producing PDF manuals from the website.

btw, i notice the existing PDF links on the kdenlive documentation site seem
to be broken....

  TCPDF ERROR: Can't open image file:
http://www.kdenlive.org/sites/default/files/images/ubuntu.png

> > Time is probably also quite valuable; even though the docs for KDE and Qt
> > are very good, the code for Kdenlive is largely undocumented - at least
> > compared to what I personally is used to. I would like to change this.

is doxygen the tool of choice here, or do people have something else in mind?

ray