[Kdenlive-devel] Introduction

Oceanwatcher video at datahverdag.com
Thu Jun 4 18:59:25 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 04:23:03 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> Given your extensive knowledge about video editing, perhaps you would like
> to contribute some documentation? Of course it would require you to
> actually learn kdenlive, but given the posts you have made in the forums,
> you should have no hard time doing that.

I will poke around some more in the program. I still have some small problems
getting some things to run, but when it is working, I will start looking at
the documentation.

> I don't think we do, actually. An ultra short list:
> Languages: C++ and C
> Frameworks: Qt and KDE
> Mlt, and ffmpeg, is used to interact with video, so eventually one should
> learn Mlt at least.
>
> Time is probably also quite valuable; even though the docs for KDE and Qt
> are very good, the code for Kdenlive is largely undocumented - at least
> compared to what I personally is used to. I would like to change this.

Great. I will tell this to the people I know. It might be an idea to add this
information to your web page about contributing.

> Your second language would not by any chance be Norsk? Then we could use
> translations:
> http://kdenlive.org/contribution-manual/how-translate-kdenlive

It is actually my first language! My second language is English, my third is
German and I am in the process of learning Portuguese. As most Norwegians, I
understand Danish and Swedish as well ;-)

--

Regards,

Oceanwatcher