[Kdenlive-devel] Introduction

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Thu Jun 4 20:15:09 UTC 2009

Torsdag 04 juni 2009 skrev Ray Lehtiniemi:
> On Thursday 04 June 2009 12:59:25 Oceanwatcher wrote:

> what is the overall strategy for user documentation?  i see jmpoure has
> started some work migrating an old wiki into a new drupal book, but there
> is not much activity on the documentation forum... is the drupal book still
> the active approach, or is there another effort ongoing somewhere?

I think the drupal books is the way forward.

> if the drupal book is the path forward, i have some hacks to the book
> module which i use on my private home website which i could contribute.
> they are:
>
>   - a set of CSS styles which produce a nicely formatted printer friendly
>     link
>   - a hack providing direct access to the edit page from each node in the
>     print preview
>
> these two simple changes make writing the docs a _LOT_ easier in drupal.

You should probably talk to jmpoure about this!

> > > Time is probably also quite valuable; even though the docs for KDE and
> > > Qt are very good, the code for Kdenlive is largely undocumented - at
> > > least compared to what I personally is used to. I would like to change
> > > this.
>
> is doxygen the tool of choice here, or do people have something else in
> mind?

Doxygen works for me, and the little code documentation that is in the sources
are in this format (give-or-take).

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

The US population is 4 % of the global one. They produce 23 % of the global
pollution.