[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive and Gimp

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:51:24 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 07 July 2009 18:28:09 Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> Gimp has a processing language (like Photophop) to apply filters and
> rules on an image. If you can manage MLT to understand this processing
> language, it would be great.
>
> There would be no preview ... it would be slow ... BUT it would open
> virtualy unlimited features, without the need to write or add new
> filters.

i'm not exactly sure this is the case, but here's something dan said (about
blender and 3d effects - which is not a dead topic, by the way, i just have no
time at the moment) which i think i agree with:

We should be careful here. Blender can obviously do a lot; it can even
edit video. I am not worried about competition, just not making stuff
as simple as compositing rendered animations more complex than it
needs to be. And also not doing something special that requires messy
blender integration that can be more easily be done in frei0r or MLT.

i don't know enough about this topic and i don't have an opinion, so that's my
contribute
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>

FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #15

A:	The Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Q:	What was the greatest achievement in taxidermy?