[Kdenlive-devel] Nokia N series Profile and export

Salvatore Brigaglia opensourcecat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 23:38:31 UTC 2009

On venerdì 13 febbraio 2009 23:00:17 Dan Dennedy wrote:

> Since there is not a whole lot to
> differentiate MLT profiles (they only cover resolution, frame rate,
> and aspect ratio), I am not sure it makes sense to have a lot of
> redundant choices because then the user faces the dilemma of choice
> especially once they start looking for differences between "N series"
> and "CIF 15 fps" and find nothing.
You'r right. It does not matter much the profile you use for editing but it
does when you are exporting the project.

> Finally, due to recent improvements in 0.7.2, the choice of project
> setting does not limit your export choices so much. So, one can choose
> a render profile that is quite different from the project setting with
> some caveats related to differences in aspect ratio and frame rate.

Mind that Nokia N series phones plays only 352x288. Does this create problems
if the project is somewhat different in aspect ratio? Can an export profile
decide to automatically crop/adapt the aspect ratio?
--
Salvatore Brigaglia