[Kdenlive-devel] 0.7.6 crashes on Ubuntu 9.10

Damien Hull dhull at digital-overload.net
Wed Dec 23 20:47:32 UTC 2009

GTK-recordmydesktop works fine. I can play the video. Just not with kdenlive. The melt player won't play the video. It seems kdenlive needs work. Unless there's something I'm missing. So far nobody is giving me any useful information.

Here's a sample video that I rendered with kdenlive using the youtube settings. I don't know why it looks this way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3u8K1K9y7w

Here's an example without kdenlive. I recorded the video with GTK-recordmydesktop and just uploaded the ogv file to youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqdiPDD0IOQ

QUESTIONS
1. Why is the kdenlive video so small? Most of it is a black border.
2. Is there something wrong with melt? It won't play video of any kind.
3. I've seen screen casts that were made with kdenlive. Why are there no instructions for this?
4. Is Kdenlive 0.7.6 for Ubuntu working? I only ask cause it seems to crash a lot and I can't get any of it to work right.

I think kdenlive has a lot of features and looks like it could be a great video editing tool. However, it doesn't do anyone any good if it doesn't work.