[Kdenlive-devel] Limited changes to profile.xml rendering

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Tue Oct 28 05:36:51 UTC 2008

mandag 27 Oktober 2008 skrev Jean-Michel Pouré:

> * Adding h264 encoding. In this particular case, I would like to discuss
> the interest of defining presets s=width x height. I added profiles
> using video bitrates. This means that we don't have to set resolution
> any longer. Ffmpeg is able to set s=width x height automatically.

Isn't that only true, if the assest/clips actually fix with the project
profile?

I mean, say I add a 1024x768 image to a DV PAL project and I want to export it
to h264 in 320x200?

> A great feature would be to export these variables from Kdenlive using
> placeholders. Like s = %widthx%height

I agree, that we should have export profiles that are easier to use, and e.g.
just use the project profile settings. I think it is for 0.7.1 though.

Regards

Mads

P.S. does your updates to the profiles fix the a) point of 284? I'll split
that bug into two, but it looks like you fixed the a) point already?

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history. "Don't bother us
with politics," respond those who don't want to learn.

        - Free software proponent, Richard M. Stallman