[Kdenlive-devel] Mantis policies

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Fri Oct 24 06:23:14 UTC 2008

fredag 24 Oktober 2008 skrev Dan Dennedy:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg
> <mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> > (assigned - a developer has accepted the bug and will work on fixing it)
> > closed - bug is closed (fixed and tested, unable to reproduce, no
>
> I suggest a "fixed" between these two to indicate when a bug is fixed
> in the repo but not yet in the release version. Then, mark the bug
> closed when there is a release containing the bug fix. This is what I
> do in my projects to help prevent duplicate tickets for bugs that were
> fixed after the most recent release (because people tend to search on
> open bugs instead of the more numerous closed bugs). This suggestion
> is based on how the SourceForge tracker works, but Mantis might a have
> different behaviour that does not require this.

Thanks.

This is a good suggestion. Perhaps we should use resolved for this, given that
I can not figure out a way to change the state names in the Mantis management
interface. (It may be possibly using the config files, but I do not have
access to those, and fixed or resolved is very much the same).

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by
zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed
in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement, but few can
argue with it.
- Kenneth V. Lanning, Supervisory Special Agent at the Behavioral Science
Institution and Research Unit of the FBI Academy (from Carl Sagan's, The
Demon-Haunted World)