[Kdenlive-devel] Dutch translation - find attached nl.po file

José JORGE lists.jjorge at free.fr
Sun Oct 19 08:05:34 UTC 2008

A Sunday 19 October 2008 09:47:42, Michiel Zandbelt escreveu:
> Hi jb, (amd list)
>
> I deliberately decided to leave a large number of strings untranslated.
> In video and audio editing applications I feel there are many
> expressions that are better understood if left unchanged (in english)
> then try to find some (rather artificial) translated term for them.

I feel that every language needs new words for new technologies. If you just
keep the english string, where's the point in choosing your translation? I
had the same problem with a friend translator of Mandriva to portuguese : he
wanted to keep the words 'network' 'web' etc. in english. But two years
later, he came to my opinion, mostly because when demonstrating the software,
newbies told him : "Why isn't it translated?"

If Kdenlive is meant to give NLEdit to your grandpa, who knows nothing about
english, then you should search good words that will make him guess what the
effect does...

The fuzzy strings are strings that are marked as unusable because the original
text has changed. You must review them, and remove the fuzzy mark.

Just my 2c

José