[Kdenlive-devel] cmake doesn't create a makefile

Thomas Holzmann holzi1 at gmx.at
Sun Oct 12 13:50:02 UTC 2008

Mads Bondo Dydensborg schrieb:

> søndag 12 Oktober 2008 skrev Thomas Holzmann:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I run cmake like it is described on the web side it doesn't create
>> a makefile. My system is Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid.
>>

> Does cmake not produce any output at all? Are you sure you are doing exactly
> as stated on the compile page?

It does produce an error (i didn't see that at the first time...). I'm
doing everything as described on the compile page. Here is the output:

holzi at holzibook:~/kdenlive/KDE4$ mkdir build && cd build
holzi at holzibook:~/kdenlive/KDE4/build$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:72 (MESSAGE):
 ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in

/home/holzi/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 CMakeLists.txt:7 (find_package)

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
 No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

   cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

 should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
lower
 if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
 information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring done

Then there is the file CMakeCache.txt and the directory CMakeFiles in
the build directory.

> Did you try the wizard? (You need the KDE3 version of kommander, which I think
> Ubuntu 8.10 should provide).

No, I didn't try that yet. I wanted to compile it on my own because I
want to help for the german translation and therefore I want to change
things and then recompile it. And afaik that should be easier without
the wizard.
But I will also try the wizard just to check if it works...

> I am on irc right now: #kdenlive at irc.freenode.org - you may want to drop by
> for a chat.

I'm also on irc now...

Regards