[Kdenlive-devel] KDE-digest, Binaries and Logo

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Nov 4 16:08:33 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 09.12:54 Bugs Bane wrote:
> KDE-DIGEST:
> I was just talking to Danny of the KDE digest, and he's interested in
> putting out a story on Kdenlive, and it seems like the launch of v0.7
> would be the perfect time. The only catch is that it needs to be
> written. He suggested focusing on what's new since the last version
> and what's interesting about how it was written.
>
> JB, I suspect that you're probably busy enough as it is without
> thinking about something like this, so I'd be happy to write up some
> kind of press release for the digest if you wished.

Yes, great! That's would be a very nice advertisement for Kdenlive.

> EASY BINARIES WITH 0INSTALL:

>  - It can even provide incremental updates (ie just files changed)
> unlike deb / RPM's.
>  - It works across platforms. 1 0install binary works on Ubuntu,
> Fedora, Suse, Mandriva etc.

As Mads said, this would take some time to do it properly, I had a quick look
and it doesn't seem so easy, at least would take time. Packaging is an
important task that requires to be properly done, and I cannot work on it, so
unless someone volunteers for this job, we will let it to the distros
packagers...

> LOGO PROPOSAL:
> I'd love to get a logo & icon finished for the 0.7 release. If anyone
> would care to offer constructive feedback (either way) on the latest
> revision at
> http://www.kdenlive.org/bbforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=593&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&star
>t=10#p2244 I'd appreciate it, as time is short.

I agree for the new logo & icon for 0.7. I put some feedback on the forum, I
am really not sure about what is the best...

regards