[Kdenlive-devel] KDE-digest, Binaries and Logo

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Tue Nov 4 09:03:21 UTC 2008

tirsdag 04 November 2008 skrev opensourcecat:
> >On Tuesday 04 November 2008 09:12:54 Bugs Bane wrote:
> > n that note, when 0.7 is released it would be great to have average
> > users be able to try it. The builder Wizard is a huge help here
> > (*thankyou Mads!*), but is still a bit intimidating compared to
> > installing a deb / rpm. Packaging .debs and .rpm's though seems to be
> > a steep, slow learning curve. I was looking around though and came
> > across 0install. It looks like it could be useful as:
>
> the 0install thing is really interesting.

Yes, but it will take someone some time to get it to work.

> Another chance can be openSUSE build service wich creates for you packages
for
> openSUSE, *buntu and fedora.

I had a look at it a while ago, but ...

> With build service you can create a repo containing all the needs for
kdenlive
> like ffmpeg and mlt wich aren't often updated by distros

... ffmpeg is explicitly a package they will not allow:
http://en.opensuse.org/Application_Black_List

You could still build, of course, mlt and mlt++, but I am unsure about the
deps you would need to put into the packages.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

Each generation has the right to determine its own culture. Culture isn't
just symphony orchestras, movies about dead British royalty and hard-bound
books. For some, culture is now also gaming, websites, chat and messaging
systems, TV shows, music and movies.
                               - Jon Katz, Slashdot, on youth culture.