[Kdenlive-devel] What mlt modules does kdenlive need?

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Fri Jul 25 17:55:15 UTC 2008

fredag 25 Juli 2008 skrev jb:

[ what the minimal mlt module list is for kdenlive?]

> First, thanks for your work.

No problem. Thanks for building kdenlive.

> I think it would be great if your wizard could
> build the kde4 kdenlive version since no further work is done on the kde3
> version (I don't have time to maintain both).

OK. I was unaware of this: I was not even aware there was that much difference
between them. Seems building for kde3 is a bit pointless then, expect for a
one-time-shot? :-(

I do not mind changing the wizard, but besides requirements (qt 4.4 and kde
4.1) what does it take to actually build for the kde4 version? Do one need to
check out something else than trunk, or? Provide different flags for cmake?
Configure ffmpeg/mlt/mlt++ differently? Newer versions of gcc or other tools?

(A quick google turns up:
http://www.mail-archive.com/kdenlive-devel%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg00051.html
)

It also looks like there are no easy way to get qt 4.4/kde4.1 on kubuntu 7.10
or 8.04 - do one need to get the kde4 sources and build those too? (Would you
happen to have a pointer to doing that :-)

> The requirements are the same for the kde4 version (except of course that it
> requires QT 4.4 and KDE 4.1)
>
> About modules:

Thanks a lot for the information - it is _very_ useful.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

"The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the
way of women's emancipation."
                           - Elizabeth Cady Stanton