[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive KDE4 feedback and questions

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Jul 15 15:56:52 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 15 July 2008 11:45:47 Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> * How should we call it: Kdenlive 0.7?
Yes, it seems ok to me. Fixed in svn

> * On first startup the clip monitor scren is so tiny that it is
> difficult for a beginner.
Should be fixed now, monitor now has a minimum size

> * If Kdenlive opens latest project DV NTSC. Clic File-New to create a
> new HDV 1050i project. Does not work. The project is still DV NTSC.
> Could be a bug.
Will take a look, but format switching and NTSC have not been tested a lot, so
it's not surprising if still buggy.

> * Now I create an HDV project. I can render HDV files, but I cannot see
> rendering progress.
Rendering progress can be seen through the KDE uiserver. The uiserver is
supposed to be a central place in KDE to monitor / manage jobs from all
applications. The problem is that it will not be really intagrated to KDE
until KDE 4.2.

So for the moment you have to start it manually ( kuiserver ), than you will
see your export jobs and be able to cancel them.

If I have some time, I will try to come up with a temporary solution until KDE
uiserver is fully integrated in KDE.

> * During rendering Kdenlive becomes very slow. inigo eats up most
> available power on my dual-core computer with 4Gb RAM. It would be nice
> to set a maximum % of processor usage.

Yes, I will look at it to see if it is easily fixable

> * Cannot edit custom rendering profiles. I can only add profiles, not
> modify.

Not implemented yet

> * Capturing screen (nice feature !) only gives 2 frames.

Works for me, the video is correctly captured but for some reason MLT detects
a wrong length. Still you should be able to play the captured file, for
example with ffplay.

> * I compiled ffmeg with dirac support with the idea to add
> non-destructive rendering in Kdenlive. Dirac has .drc extensions.
> Kdenlive displays "invalid" file.

Can you play it with ffplay ? and with inigo ?

regards
jb