[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive KDE4 feedback and questions

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Tue Jul 15 09:45:47 UTC 2008

Dear friends,

A few questions about Kdenlive KDE4:

* How should we call it: Kdenlive 0.7?

* On first startup the clip monitor scren is so tiny that it is
difficult for a beginner.

* If Kdenlive opens latest project DV NTSC. Clic File-New to create a
new HDV 1050i project. Does not work. The project is still DV NTSC.
Could be a bug.

* Now I create an HDV project. I can render HDV files, but I cannot see
rendering progress.

* During rendering Kdenlive becomes very slow. inigo eats up most
available power on my dual-core computer with 4Gb RAM. It would be nice
to set a maximum % of processor usage.

* Cannot edit custom rendering profiles. I can only add profiles, not
modify.

* Capturing screen (nice feature !) only gives 2 frames.

* I compiled ffmeg with dirac support with the idea to add
non-destructive rendering in Kdenlive. Dirac has .drc extensions.
Kdenlive displays "invalid" file.

Kind regards,
JMP