[Kdenlive-devel] length of clip

Johannes Wilm j at indymedia.no
Mon Jul 14 23:48:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Johannes Wilm <j at indymedia.no> wrote:
> > Hye,
> > yes, I'm using ffmpeg svn. For some reason it also believes that the
> video
> > is at 29.97fps, while it really is 1080/60i footage. The clip is x264,
>
> 29.97 fps is the same as the "60" in "1080/60i." 60i refers to
> 60000/1001 fields per second, which is equivalent to 30000/1001 frames
> per second, where 29.97 is a more common way
> to refer to that frame rate.

Ehm ok, in that case there seems to be something a litle strange going on
there. When I do a:

ffmpeg -i johanneswilm.mts -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 -deinterlace
johanneswilm.mov

It gives me a 34 second clip at 29.97fps.

However, the sound and the original clip are only 17 seconds long. Only a:

ffmpeg -i %(inputname)s -f yuv4mpegpipe - | yuvfps -r 60:1 -c  | ffmpeg -f
yuv4mpegpipe -i - -i %(inputname)s  -map 0:0 -map 1:1 %(outputname)s

gives me a clip with the right length.

> > in an mts container (mpegts). A sample can be downloaded here:
> > http://www.johanneswilm.org/download/johanneswilm.mts . It seems that
> > gmerlin gets it right (length, implemented seeking in demuxer, etc.)
>
> gmerlin does not use the FFmpeg demuxers; it uses gavl and
> libquicktime. MLT uses FFmpeg's demuxers. What does 'ffmpeg -i
> your_file' report as far as duration is concerned? Does it match what
> kdenlive/MLT indicates? If it does, you can report this with FFmpeg
> and hope to get it fixed in a future version.

I actually encountered this on a transcoded file. But it looks like it
works  at least for now. Thanks!

> --
> +-DRD-+

Johannes Wilm