[Kdenlive-devel] length of clip

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Jul 14 23:19:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Johannes Wilm <j at indymedia.no> wrote:
> Hye,
> yes, I'm using ffmpeg svn. For some reason it also believes that the video
> is at 29.97fps, while it really is 1080/60i footage. The clip is x264,

29.97 fps is the same as the "60" in "1080/60i." 60i refers to
60000/1001 fields per second, which is equivalent to 30000/1001 frames
per second, where 29.97 is a more common way
to refer to that frame rate.

> in an mts container (mpegts). A sample can be downloaded here:
> http://www.johanneswilm.org/download/johanneswilm.mts . It seems that
> gmerlin gets it right (length, implemented seeking in demuxer, etc.)

gmerlin does not use the FFmpeg demuxers; it uses gavl and
libquicktime. MLT uses FFmpeg's demuxers. What does 'ffmpeg -i
your_file' report as far as duration is concerned? Does it match what
kdenlive/MLT indicates? If it does, you can report this with FFmpeg
and hope to get it fixed in a future version.

--
+-DRD-+