[Kdenlive-devel] length of clip

Johannes Wilm j at indymedia.no
Mon Jul 14 23:54:59 UTC 2008

Actually, if you just use that utput-file from that ffmpeg conversion you'll
see it. On the timeline it al looks ok: the sound ends after 17 seconds, the
video plays for 34. Yet, when hitting the playbakc buttn, it continues
playing beyond the place where there is anything on the timeline(!)

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Johannes Wilm <j at indymedia.no> wrote:
> > Hye,
> > yes, I'm using ffmpeg svn. For some reason it also believes that the
> video
> > is at 29.97fps, while it really is 1080/60i footage. The clip is x264,
>
> 29.97 fps is the same as the "60" in "1080/60i." 60i refers to
> 60000/1001 fields per second, which is equivalent to 30000/1001 frames
> per second, where 29.97 is a more common way
> to refer to that frame rate.
>
> > in an mts container (mpegts). A sample can be downloaded here:
> > http://www.johanneswilm.org/download/johanneswilm.mts . It seems that
> > gmerlin gets it right (length, implemented seeking in demuxer, etc.)
>
> gmerlin does not use the FFmpeg demuxers; it uses gavl and
> libquicktime. MLT uses FFmpeg's demuxers. What does 'ffmpeg -i
> your_file' report as far as duration is concerned? Does it match what
> kdenlive/MLT indicates? If it does, you can report this with FFmpeg
> and hope to get it fixed in a future version.
>
> --
> +-DRD-+

Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org