[Kdenlive-devel] Big Kdenlive update

Zachary Drew zachary.drew at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:32:02 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 1:59 AM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:

As alluded to in a previous email on the MLT list, while the above changes
> are critical fixes, if one tries to alter framerate on render, then the edit
> points get screwed up. To fix that, I will be changing mlt_position to
> represent time (something like microseconds) instead of frames.

This sounds like progress! However, some of my MLT code relies on frame
number to determine:

1. If the playback is paused
2. If the playback direction has changed
3. If a frame was skipped
4. Possibly other things, I need to review my code to be sure

The obvious problem is #3. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Also, you should probably start a discussion MLT about these changes.

Zach