[Kdenlive-devel] Big Kdenlive update

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Mon Jan 28 21:09:09 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 January 2008 08:59:34 Dan Dennedy wrote:

> JB, the fix contains massive changes to the way profiles are integrated
> throughout the framework and modules. The impact on kdenlive should be
> little, but it does have trivial interface breakage--just to let you know.
> I still have to update the mlt++ in my working copy, and I am still
> testing. There are other changes coming as well with one big one that will
> impact kdenlive...

Currently the Kdenlive/MLT interface is a really small piece of code, so it
shouldn't be too hard to update it, and Kdenlive already works with timecode
instead of frames in most of its parts.

> I am thinking this change to time representation might be best integrated
> into the KDE4 port. However, it might be nice to get some of the recent
> fixes into the current codebase for struggling kdenlive (esp. NTSC) users.
> What do you think? I am trying to coordinate major changes and releases
> between MLT and kdenlive.

Yes, I think it would be good to release a last KDE3 based Kdenlive that
includes as most fixes as possible. I am ok to work on it so that we could
release a KDE3 based Kdenlive and a new MLT together.

> Finally, JB, the next MLT commit required changes to inigo and therefore
> would require changes to kdenlive_renderer.c. So, I added a command-line
> option on inigo to make it mimic the behavior of kdenlive_renderer if you
> want to stop worrying about maintaining it going forward.

Excellent news. I will happily kill kdenlive_renderer in favor of inigo!

I am currently not very present on mailing lists and forums, but it's mainly
because I spend my time on the KDE4 version, wich is progressing nicely, so I
am very excited to hear that you are making progress on MLT!

regards
Jean-Baptiste