[Kdenlive-devel] Big Kdenlive update

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Jan 24 07:59:34 UTC 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 12:31 PM, Jeffrey Thomas <eljefedelito at gmail.com> wrote:

> > This is fixed in MLT CVS. See the bug for more info.
>
> Woo hoo!  Excellent news!

Embarrassing how long it went unnoticed.

> Now I just need KDEnlive to edit the correct in/out points
> http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=23
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1875583&group_id=96039&atid=613414

This is fixed in my working copy, but...

JB, the fix contains massive changes to the way profiles are integrated
throughout the framework and modules. The impact on kdenlive should be
little, but it does have trivial interface breakage--just to let you know. I
still have to update the mlt++ in my working copy, and I am still testing.
There are other changes coming as well with one big one that will impact
kdenlive...

As alluded to in a previous email on the MLT list, while the above changes
are critical fixes, if one tries to alter framerate on render, then the edit
points get screwed up. To fix that, I will be changing mlt_position to
represent time (something like microseconds) instead of frames.

I am thinking this change to time representation might be best integrated
into the KDE4 port. However, it might be nice to get some of the recent
fixes into the current codebase for struggling kdenlive (esp. NTSC) users.
What do you think? I am trying to coordinate major changes and releases
between MLT and kdenlive.

Finally, JB, the next MLT commit required changes to inigo and therefore
would require changes to kdenlive_renderer.c. So, I added a command-line
option on inigo to make it mimic the behavior of kdenlive_renderer if you
want to stop worrying about maintaining it going forward.