[Kdenlive-devel] Bug handling (was website changes)

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon Dec 22 11:29:22 UTC 2008

mandag 22 December 2008 skrev Jean-Michel Pouré:

> My point of view is that you should gather everything on the web site.

OK.

> Mantis will replaced as soon as the issue module is ported to Drupal 6.6
> or 7.0.

This statement makes me very very nervous. I take issue tracking quite serious
(might be evident), and Mantis is far from perfect. It lacks quite a number
of the advanced features of serious bug trackers like e.g. Bugzilla. But, we
*can* manage with Mantis, although not a day goes by when I do not wish for
Bugzilla :-) (To be fair, I think the Changelog and Roadmap pages in Mantis
are pretty nice, and the rss support too.).

Looking at the drupal issue tracking at
http://drupal.org/project/project_issue I am not at all convinced that it is
not a huge step back from mantis!

What are the benefits of changing to drupal issue tracking?

How do we implement roles/granulated access rights? How is issue
interdependencies handled? Please tell me there there is better (*far*
better) search options than: http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/ - which
is a joke, really... Does it support the Changelog and Roadmap features of
mantis, or do we need to implement this differently? Does it support rss? How
about monitoring?

Life is far to short to struggle with a "bad" bug/issue tracker system. The
benefits of changing to drupal issue tracking should be substantial,
otherwise I think it would be a serious mistake to do it.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S. no longer
is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy.
                               - H. Peter Anvin