[Kdenlive-devel] Logo - was: Re: Website changes

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Dec 19 09:44:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 10:27 +0100, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> Now, I know that Cinephiliac is a proud Australian, and I am sure that
> he will
> just grab a Foster (or whatever passes for beer an Australia/Canada
> these
> days), and continue his efforts with Kdenlive! But IMHO any serious
> open
> source project should always try to guide and support their
> contributors, and
> make sure that contributors feel their efforts are worthwhile. And I
> think we
> should keep that in mind, even if it means that we sometimes may have
> accept an outcome that we (as individuals) do not totally agree with.

Dear Mads,

The registered logo issue is a legal issue.
The discussions are not at stake.

There are plenty of things to do,
except taking FCP logo and modifying it.

Cinephilac is free to submit ANY logo,
except Casablanca, adobe, avid, pinnacle, and so logos,
therefore I don't understand these complains.

@cinephiliac: what is your username on kdenlive website, so I can add
you to the documentation writer role. Also, add yourself on the map. We
welcome any of your contributions.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel