[Kdenlive-devel] Creating a kdenlive-translation list?

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Mon Dec 8 10:08:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 10:28 +0100, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> With the recent additions of translations (Hungarian, Slovenian,
> Hebrew and
> portuguese (brazil)) Kdenlive is now translated into 13 languages.
>
> I was wondering if there was a basis to create a kdenlive-translation
> list to
> manage the dialog between the core team and translators? Patches,
> string
> freeze discussion, other stuff. Maybe even carry some of the web site
> translation discussion?
>
> We could encourage translation submitters to join this list,
> obviously, so we
> would have an easy means to reach them, when we enter string freezes,
> that
> sort of thing.
>
> Comments?

Dear Mads,

We plan manage kdenlive POT and translations using Drupal integrated
translation systems, called I10n server. The module is loaded on
Kdenlive website. But not yet implemented.

Until this module is implemented, I recommend that each translator is
proposed write access to Kdenlive SVN. To say frankly, it is nearly a
requirement. After first delivery, we should offer SVN access
immediately and verify that the translator is able to commit.

There is no enough traffic to create a seperate list for languages. This
will probably split efforts. Management will be done on Drupal, so the
solution will be to use:
http://kdenlive.org/forum/developers-forums/translation-issues

This forum will probably be used for managing our future translations.

I know this is quite frustrating to wait for integration of features on
Drupal, but actually I am working 12 hours a day to get things done.

Stay tuned.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel