[Kdenlive-devel] General patterns in the wishlist items

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Dec 8 06:04:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg
<mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> I think there might now be an additional one-or-two issues:
> 5. Add a crossfade transition (perhaps make composite crossfade by default)
> 6. Crossfade audio on transitions
>
> I am not totally sure, but I think we should do 5 for reasons of
> ease-of-use...

You mean video crossfade, i.e. dissolve? I use dissolve personally to
prevent confusion over audio vs. video. The point here is to make
something with that label so people do not think it is missing? I
agree.

> And 6 is mostly because it is cumbersome for users to fiddle
> with fade-in/outs manually whenever they do a transition.

I agree. The three most common edits are cut (none), dissolve with
crossfade, and fade to/from black (or at least they should be ;-). We
should make these as quick and easy as possible. I think it would be
just fine to automatically create the audio level key frames whenever
a transition is added. Just make sure to use the currently set audio
level at time X instead of assuming it is 1.0. The user may have
adjusted their audio levels prior to adding the transition, and we
don't want to screw that up.

--
+-DRD-+