[Kdenlive-devel] Contributor / developer howtos ?

g.marco at freenet.de g.marco at freenet.de
Thu Apr 24 08:41:15 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2008 schrieb Albert ARIBAUD:
> Guten Tag Marco,
>
> Marco Gittler a écrit :
> > you can help developing if you want.
> > first you can send patches (if you made a fix) here, or if it is more
> > often, and you want active develop kdenlive, we could put you into the
> > developers list. help is always welcome.
>
> Maybe a developer status would be better: I could be assigned the
> kdenlive bugs I've already submitted into Mantis, that is:
>
> - 127 (crash if loading project which has clip folders);
> - 128 (may crash if loading project with non-zero timeline_position);
> - 61 (rendering aborts with video garbage on a big slideshow).

you could attach a patch for the problem if you have. when all looks good we
could add you later to the developers list.

> >> Can someone give me pointers to howtos?
> >
> > no there is now such howto AFAIK.
>
> Maybe a wiki page addition would be worthy--unless there are too few
> candidates for development. :)
yes there are not many candidates, only two active developers (for the code
itself), and not very often new devs are asking.

you could start adding a wiki page with what you want to know, i'll try to add
then the answers/HOWTOs to the page, when you have one if you want.

i hope this would help you

> > change the svn source tree with your fixes, and make a
> > svn diff kdenlive/krenderer.cpp (f.e.)
> >
>  > and post the output as a patch file here, so we can review this and
>  > apply this into the svn tree.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Albert.

Einmal hat Chuck Norris jemandem einen so harten und schnellen Roundhouse-Kick
verpasst, das sein Fuß die Lichtgeschwindigkeit durchbrochen hat, in der Zeit
zurück gereist ist und 1945 Adolf Hitler in Berlin getötet hat.