[Kdenlive-devel] small feature suggestion regarding crossfade transition

jb jb at ader.ch
Tue Mar 27 08:59:29 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 March 2007 22.20:58 Florian Cramer wrote:
> First of all, I cordially thank all developers for a great piece of
> software. kdenlive is, even at its current stage, both powerful and a
> joy to use, something that cannot be said of any other free software
> video editor. For years, I have been waiting for such a program. And I
> would like to help with user advocacy and bug reports.

Thanks !

> I have a very small feature suggestion: It seems to me that the
> crossfade transition could be made much more powerful if its parameters
> could be adjusted in a similar way to the brightness effect, i.e. with
> a custom transition curve. This way, it would also be possible to
> create transparent overlays instead of fades.

You can already partly acheive this effect with the "push" or "pip"
transitions (although I admit it is maybe not very intuitive).

Leave the start and end position centered, and then you can adjust
transparency for start and end position, this enables you to create
transparent overlays...

I will anyways redesign the transitions interface in next version to make it
easier and more powerful.

regards

jb