[Kdenlive-devel] what can i do? and a suggestion

Salvatore Brigaglia opensourcecat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 00:46:58 UTC 2007

Alle 15:25, venerdì 16 marzo 2007, jb ha scritto:
> Salvatore Brigaglia wrote:
>
> Yes, I can see the same problem. Most of it should now be fixed.

not here, but i repeat. It does not happens in other GPUS than the "savage" so
it is not important (at least for me that i'v got also an nvidia machine...)

> > or is an
> > x11-driver "savage" problem that i cannot solve?
>
> Please try updating to the latest svn. I the problem is still here, can
> you try playing a video with inigo:
> inigo my_video.mpg
inigo shows me everyting. Kdenlive does not. not in the timeline moditor nor
in the clip monitor. I repeat: It works on other platform than the "savaged
one"...

> > What about adding a "nice level selector" in the export window (both for
> > dvd and single file). Is it possible?
>
> I have several ideas to improve rendering usability:
>
> * Allow several rendering jobs at the same time
would be nice...
> * Make the rendering process completely independant from Kdenlive, so
> that you can close or crash the program without interrupting rendering
would be VERY nice!

> Of course, an option to set priority would also be nice, but these
> features won't make it in 0.5, because I don't want to delay it more.
> Another point is that these things will be much nicer with KDE 4 which
> should have a great centralized job progress dialog,
> see: http://dot.kde.org/1169588301/
I saw, you right...  keep the good job!

BTW:
Have you planned the string freeze?