[Kdenlive-devel] Jogshuttle support?

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Thu Jan 25 10:34:31 UTC 2007

Hi there

Just wondering - does kdenlive support JogShuttles[*]? If not, any thoughts on
how to add support for this, the "KDE" way? I am thinking about the action
framework, or if there is a device input framework or similar. Any thoughts?
I contributed much of the "second generation" support for JogShuttles in the
video editor kino, and would like to use my jog shuttle device with kdenlive
at some point in the future ;-). However, kino uses the /dev/input devices
almost directly - I assume the KDE framework contains something more
advanced?

Regards,

Mads

[*] Jog Shuttles are devices that are suitable for analog editing, such as
http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/ - they are extremely handy for video
editing work.

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

"The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the
way of women's emancipation."
                           - Elizabeth Cady Stanton