[Kdenlive-devel] Jogshuttle support?

jb jb at ader.ch
Fri Jan 26 11:00:12 UTC 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 11.34:31 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Just wondering - does kdenlive support JogShuttles[*]? If not, any thoughts
> on how to add support for this, the "KDE" way? I am thinking about the
> action framework, or if there is a device input framework or similar. Any
> thoughts? I contributed much of the "second generation" support for
> JogShuttles in the video editor kino, and would like to use my jog shuttle
> device with kdenlive at some point in the future ;-). However, kino uses
> the /dev/input devices almost directly - I assume the KDE framework
> contains something more advanced?

Hello!

I also have a contour SpaceShuttle, so would be interested too. I did a quick
search a few monthes ago but couldn't find any KDE specific framework for the
Jog Shuttle devices... Maybe the best would be to ask on the kde-devel
mailing list or something like that. For sure, the best would be to be able
to somehow connect the device with the KDE KAction framework...

Have no time to investigate now, so if you have some time...

regards
jb