[Kdenlive-devel] vasst m2t pal footage rights & kdenlive crash with m2t files

David Arendt admin at prnet.org
Tue Jan 2 18:14:26 UTC 2007

I did the test with patched dvgrab now. If I capture from the beginning
of tape, same problem. If I play a few seconds, stop, and use dvgrab
then, all works flawlessly. There seems being something on beginning of
tape confusing mlt. Another thing I noticed is that for the non working
clip, ffplay plays flawlessly but writes the following to console:

[mpeg2video @ 0x2b1b8fd8c5b0]ac-tex damaged at 7 48
[mpeg2video @ 0x2b1b8fd8c5b0]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x2b1b8fd8c5b0]concealing 1800 DC, 1800 AC, 1800 MV errors

with

dd if=w001.m2t of=zz1.m2t bs=1024 skip=1

the problem can be fixed. zz1.m2t works flawlessly.

If you like to experiment with the nonworking capture, I have put it
online at http://www.luxmemories.lu/examples/m2t/kdenlive/w001.m2t

I think it is not very high priority to have this fixed as there are
simple workarounds.

Another thing I have noticed is that dvgrab segfaults when aborting
using ctrl-c. I don't know if this is dvgrab's fault or if it is related
to the patch, the camera is even being stopped correctly before segfaulting.