[Kdenlive-devel] vasst m2t pal footage rights & kdenlive crash with m2t files

David Arendt admin at prnet.org
Tue Jan 2 05:40:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I noticed that for your testing you used the m2t clips from vasst. I
just want to let you know that I am the producer of these clips. As I
always like supporting open source software I give you the permission to
use this clips for demo material for kdenlive. This is only the case for
the PAL clips, the NTSC clips are from another person.

Concerning the crash, I tried latest cvs version of ffmpeg with same
result. I tried the mallard.m2t file and it worked flawlessly. The
mallard.m2t was not captured from tape initially but cut out from a big
m2t file using a windows utility named hdtvtompeg2. The files I used for
testing where whole tape captures. I tried cutting a clip of 10 seconds
from the beginning of a file, here inigo did not work correctly. On a
clip from 10 seconds from the middle of the file, inigo works flawlessly
and so does kdenlive. There seems to be something add the beginning of
the files confusing mlt. The tapes have been captured one with cineform
connecthd and with mpg1394 grab. Until now I did not try using dvgrab
with your patch. Will try this this evening and report my findings back.
I will also try starting capture in middle of tape to see if the
confusing data is coming from starting capture or from beginning of
tape. The camcorder the files have been captured from is a Sony HDR-FX1E.

Many thanks for this wonderfull NLE. I am really surprised by preview
and rendering speed. Continue like that. Also is there any possibilty to
make a donation for you ?

Bye,
David Arendt