[Kdenlive-devel] My first contact

Zsolt Sandor zsolt.sandor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 12:20:45 UTC 2007

Hello!

> My first intention is to help preparing some manuals, both in english and
> spanish. Also I can beta-test any new modification detecting bugs and
> proposing some new features. If needed, I can also help with screen design
> (is it still needed a new design for the rendering screen ?) and maybe in
> the future (if I can remember my programming times !!) also with coding.

- You can access the wiki manual on the following address:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive

Please extend it as you wish.

- Screen design is needed, too, so we are very glad, if you can help us!

- if you find some problems with kdenlive, please send the problem and
steps for reproduction to the list.

However, it is a good idea to use the latest kdenlive, because there
are tons of problems, that are already solved, and are commited to the
subversion repository.

> Don't know if this idea has been already proposed, and that's related with
> my second request. I'm working now with release 0.4 and for some reasons is
> quite difficult for me to compile new versions from source in order to test
> them.

What is your problem? What kind of operating system are you running?
Are you behind a proxy?

if you download kdenlive from subversion, please, notice, that your
admin directory has to be filled with files :) The simpliest way to
achive it to use kdeveloper, and create a new kde project, then copy
the content of the admin directory from the newly created project to
kdenlive's admin directory.

then make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=where_your_kde_is
make