[Kdenlive-devel] My first contact

Joan M Herrera herrej01 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:16:20 UTC 2007

Hello to all kdenlive community.

I've just discovered this wonderful program some weeks ago and after playing
with it making 2-3 videos I can say it's the video editing tool who best
fits the needs of an advanced (maybe not proffesional !!) user. Thanks to
all involved.

Reason to join the community is try to help in anything I can. I presume
this will be in the future one of the best VET not only in Linux, but in any
other platform and I'd like to (as we said in spanish), "add my sand grain"
to this project.

My first intention is to help preparing some manuals, both in english and
spanish. Also I can beta-test any new modification detecting bugs and
proposing some new features. If needed, I can also help with screen design
(is it still needed a new design for the rendering screen ?) and maybe in
the future (if I can remember my programming times !!) also with coding.

In this first message, I want to propose a small (hope also easy)
improvement. Is it posible to add to the timeline viewer and tittle clip
creation viewer a "safety area" indication ? As you know is not always the
same what you see in the PC and what you see in the TV, so it's not a bad
idea to "frame" about 90% of the viewer to indicate the problematic zone
where it's better not to include any text, PIP images, ...

Don't know if this idea has been already proposed, and that's related with
my second request. I'm working now with release 0.4 and for some reasons is
quite difficult for me to compile new versions from source in order to test
them. I've read in a previous message from C. Davila that he's able to send
a packed updated version. Can you do so for me ? Also for Carlos, if you
need any additional help with spanish translations or any other issue please
do not hesitate to contact.

Thanks again to all.
Juan