[Kdenlive-devel] Thank you and some bugs and questions

jb jb at ader.ch
Sat Feb 3 17:41:55 UTC 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 04.15:43 Robert Bub wrote:

> I am currently using the 0.5 svn on Ubuntu 6.10.  I haven't had much time
> to play around with the program yet but I have encountered some minor
> problems.  First, I don't seem to be able to capture any video with it.  I
> understand that the program is using dvgrab to capture the video.  I have
> no problems using dvgrab in the terminal.  However when I try to capture
> video in kdenlive I find that no file has been made once I click the end
> rec button.

Start Kdenlive from a console window, then try to grab video from Kdenlive. Do
you have any message appearing in console window ?

> The second problem I have noticed is the time code on the monitor.  I am in
> the U.S. where we use NTSC and I have set my project to NTSC.
> Unfortunately the time code on the monitor still displays in PAL 25 FPS
> instead of NTSC 30(29,97) FPS.  I've noticed no problems with play back of
> clips but I am concerned about sound sync when I am ready to render to
> file.  I am only an amature at video editing and I have no idea what this
> might do to my results.  I am using this primarily to make video for
> Google/YouTube and I don't want to end up with a video that is too long to
> be placed on their site.

I just committed some fixes that will make the situation slightly better.
In NTSC, Kdenlive will now use 29.97 fps with dropped frame timecode.

Monitors should now display the correct timecode, however, the rulers still
have wrong timings.
Let me know if monitors timecode is correct please, I don't have much NTSC
clips to test.

regards
jb