[Kdenlive-devel] Thank you and some bugs and questions

Robert Bub bubzthetroll at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 03:15:43 UTC 2007

First I would like to thank all of the developers of kdenlive for this great
program.  I first found out about it on the Ubuntu forums a few days ago.
Keep up the great work.  I hope to see it become a full fledged editing
suite someday.

I am currently using the 0.5 svn on Ubuntu 6.10.  I haven't had much time to
play around with the program yet but I have encountered some minor
problems.  First, I don't seem to be able to capture any video with it.  I
understand that the program is using dvgrab to capture the video.  I have no
problems using dvgrab in the terminal.  However when I try to capture video
in kdenlive I find that no file has been made once I click the end rec
button.

The second problem I have noticed is the time code on the monitor.  I am in
the U.S. where we use NTSC and I have set my project to NTSC.  Unfortunately
the time code on the monitor still displays in PAL 25 FPS instead of NTSC
30(29,97) FPS.  I've noticed no problems with play back of clips but I am
concerned about sound sync when I am ready to render to file.  I am only an
amature at video editing and I have no idea what this might do to my
results.  I am using this primarily to make video for Google/YouTube and I
don't want to end up with a video that is too long to be placed on their
site.

Thank you

Robert