[Kdenlive-devel] Thank you and some bugs and questions

Robert Bub bubzthetroll at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 01:32:04 UTC 2007

On 2/3/07, kdenlive-devel-request at lists.sourceforge.net <
kdenlive-devel-request at lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Start Kdenlive from a console window, then try to grab video from
> Kdenlive. Do
> you have any message appearing in console window ?

As requested:
The following is the messages that displayed on the console.  I opened my
project after starting kdenlive from the console.  Then I attempted to
capture from kdenlive. The end capture button does not seem to work now.
Pressing the stop button brings up the box that should contain the list of
captured files.  Still no captured files though.

robert at rainbow-dragon:~$ kdenlive
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  147
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  147
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
kdenlive: Mlt inited
kdenlive: +++++++++++  Generating scenelist start...  ++++++++++++++++++
kdenlive: Creating new document
kdenlive: deleting contents...
kdenlive: ****************  INIT DOCUMENT VIEW ***************
kdenlive: /// EDIT PANEL NAME: Document
kdenlive: Mlt inited
kdenlive: /// EDIT PANEL NAME: ClipMonitor
kdenlive: ****************  INIT DOCUMENT VIEW 1***************
kdenlive:  +  ++ + ++ ++ PREPARE VID THUMB
kdenlive:  +  ++ + ++ ++ PREPARE AUDIO THUMB
kdenlive: WARNING: Opening url
/home/robert/Entertainment/Trollsden/trollsdenproject.kdenlive
kdenlive: WARNING: KdenliveDoc::loadFromXML() document element has unknown
tagName : kdenlivedoc
kdenlive: Mlt inited
kdenlive: Mlt inited
kdenlive: +++++++++++  Generating scenelist start...  ++++++++++++++++++
kdenlive: Creating new document
kdenlive: deleting contents...
kdenlive: ****************  INIT DOCUMENT VIEW ***************
kdenlive: /// EDIT PANEL NAME: Document
kdenlive: /// EDIT PANEL NAME: ClipMonitor
kdenlive: ****************  INIT DOCUMENT VIEW 1***************
kdenlive:  +  ++ + ++ ++ PREPARE VID THUMB
kdenlive:  +  ++ + ++ ++ PREPARE AUDIO THUMB
kdenlive: KdenliveDoc in closeDocument()
kdenlive: deleting contents...
kdenlive: +++++++++++  Generating scenelist start...  ++++++++++++++++++
kdenlive:  +  ++ + ++ ++ PREPARE VID THUMB
kdenlive:  +  ++ + ++ ++ PREPARE AUDIO THUMB
kdenlive: WARNING: KdenliveDoc::loadFromXML() document element has unknown
tagName : westley
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden001.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden001.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden002.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden002.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden003.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden003.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden004.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden004.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden005.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden005.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden006.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden006.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden007.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden007.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden008.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden008.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden009.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden009.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden010.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden010.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden011.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden011.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden012.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden012.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden013.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden013.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden014.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden014.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden015.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden015.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden016.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden016.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : trollsden017.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: trollsden017.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: Welcome to the Trolls Den
kdenlive: WARNING: DocClipBase::createClip() n is null
kdenlive: +++++++++++  Generating scenelist start...  ++++++++++++++++++
kdenlive:  +  ++ + ++ ++ PREPARE VID THUMB
kdenlive:  +  ++ + ++ ++ PREPARE AUDIO THUMB
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden001.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden002.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden003.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden004.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden005.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden006.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden007.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden008.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden009.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden010.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden011.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden012.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden013.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden014.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden015.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden016.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: **********  FREED MEM FOR: trollsden017.avi, COUNT: 0
kdenlive: ///////  BAD METADATA INPUT ///////
kdenlive: ///////  BAD METADATA INPUT ///////
kdenlive: +++++++++++  Generating scenelist start...  ++++++++++++++++++
Going interactive. Press '?' for help.
Capture
Started
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window
parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  140 (XVideo)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3400e98
  Serial number of failed request:  1449

Going interactive. Press '?' for help.
Capture
Started
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window
parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  140 (XVideo)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
  Resource id in failed request:  0x340130d
  Serial number of failed request:  327

I just committed some fixes that will make the situation slightly better.
> In NTSC, Kdenlive will now use 29.97 fps with dropped frame timecode.

   Monitors should now display the correct timecode, however, the rulers
still

> have wrong timings.
> Let me know if monitors timecode is correct please, I don't have much NTSC
> clips to test.
>
> regards
> jb

This seems to have fixed both the monitor and timeline-ruler timecodes.
They both now correctly display from 00 to 29 FPS in my project.   Thank you
for such a quick response.  Keep up the good work.

Oh and a feature request...  I was wondering if Chroma Key, i.e. "blue
screen, green screen, etc.", could be added in the future.  I didn't see it
on the feature request list so I thought I would mention it here.  There are
lot's of things I'd like to see but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Regards
Robert