[Kdenlive-devel] Blender cannot perform "flexible" resampling

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Mon Dec 31 12:53:23 UTC 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007 04.07:07 Dan Dennedy wrote:

> kdenlive uses producer_qimage instead of gdk-pixbuf.

Well in fact, Kdenlive uses the default MLT producers, so it will let MLT
choose the producer, depending on the image format and what is installed on
your system.

> I think the addiition of a keyframable geometry property will work.
> Qimage has some scaling methods the producer already uses. Also, it
> can accept a transformation matrix with translation for doing the
> panning:
>
> http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qwmatrix.html#TransformationMode

I am currently trying to port Kdenlive to KDE4/QT4, so you might directly try
to work with QT4 for this effect, it is probably much more  powerful.

If you can manage to have the effect working in MLT, I can help with the
Kdenlive integration, shouldn't be too much work.

regards
jb