[Kdenlive-devel] Blender cannot perform "flexible" resampling

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sun Dec 30 03:07:07 UTC 2007

On Dec 29, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Zachary Drew wrote:

> You can modify producer pixbuf supplied in the MLT framework as a
> starting point. You will probably want to use the inigo command line
> tool for development.

kdenlive uses producer_qimage instead of gdk-pixbuf.

I think the addiition of a keyframable geometry property will work.
Qimage has some scaling methods the producer already uses. Also, it
can accept a transformation matrix with translation for doing the
panning:

http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qwmatrix.html#TransformationMode

Probably, jb already knows all of this, but he is just pacing
himself. :-)

> Building an interface in kdenlive is probably going to be more work
> and you'll need guidance from someone else on that.

One idea is a a thumbnail preview of the picture with a rectangle tool
ala a drawing tool where the aspect is constrained to the project
profile's display aspect. Then, add keyframing.