[Kdenlive-devel] Saving the project does not work (trunk)

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Dec 23 19:42:32 UTC 2007

On Sunday 23 December 2007 18:33:02 Clifford Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 10:50:16AM +0100, Clifford Wolf wrote:
> > but there is one massive problem: I can't save my current project. If I
> > try it, everything looks fine in the GUI but no project file is created.
>
> The following line in kdenlive/projectformatmanager.cpp always sets filter
> to NULL which causes the SaveAs slot of the application to do nothing:
>
> 	SaveProjectFilter *filter = findSaveFormat(format->name());
>
> it would help me a bit with debugging this problem if someone on this list
> could write a short explanation on what should happen here. In my case
> format and url evaluate to:
>
> 	format->name() is 'application/octet-stream'
> 	url.url() is 'file:///root/demo.kdenlive'
>
> Afaics format->name() should better be something like
> 'application/vnd.kde.kdenlive'. Do I need to add some kde settings to make
> this work? How? Where? (I'm not really a C++ or Qt/KDE guy, more the
> C/operating systems/digital electronics person who wants to use kdenlive
> for creating a podcast with low-level electronic courses. ;-)

Hi.

Thanks for looking at this issue. Where did you install kdenlive ?
The problem seems to be that the file:
vnd.kde.kdenlive.desktop was not installed in a correct place.
This file goes in $PREFIX/share/mimelnk/application

Please, try copying it to $HOME/.kde/share/mimelnk/application and restart
kdenlive to see if it fixes the issue.

> In any case I urgly recommend that ProjectFormatManager::saveDocument()
> at least displays an error dialog in this situation instead of failing
> silently..

Sure. I will try to fix the install issue and fix this problem.

regards
jb