[Kdenlive-devel] Saving the project does not work (trunk)

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Sun Dec 23 17:33:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 10:50:16AM +0100, Clifford Wolf wrote:
> but there is one massive problem: I can't save my current project. If I try
> it, everything looks fine in the GUI but no project file is created.

The following line in kdenlive/projectformatmanager.cpp always sets filter
to NULL which causes the SaveAs slot of the application to do nothing:

	SaveProjectFilter *filter = findSaveFormat(format->name());

it would help me a bit with debugging this problem if someone on this list
could write a short explanation on what should happen here. In my case
format and url evaluate to:

	format->name() is 'application/octet-stream'
	url.url() is 'file:///root/demo.kdenlive'

Afaics format->name() should better be something like
'application/vnd.kde.kdenlive'. Do I need to add some kde settings to make
this work? How? Where? (I'm not really a C++ or Qt/KDE guy, more the
C/operating systems/digital electronics person who wants to use kdenlive
for creating a podcast with low-level electronic courses. ;-)

In any case I urgly recommend that ProjectFormatManager::saveDocument()
at least displays an error dialog in this situation instead of failing
silently..

yours,
 - clifford

--
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of