[Kdenlive-devel] Saving the project does not work (trunk)

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Sun Dec 23 09:50:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using kdeenlive trunk (rev 1762) because the last release needs
unsermake and I was unable to find the unsermake sources and so could not
build the last release.

it looks great so far. sometimes it segfaults but i assume that's because I
triggered features which are under development right now..

but there is one massive problem: I can't save my current project. If I try
it, everything looks fine in the GUI but no project file is created.

stracing the kdenlive process while trying to save a project showed that it
actually looks if the desired filename exists. So I tried touching such a
file first. This time the 'save as' dialog asked my if I really want to
override the existing file but again, when i click 'yes' nothing changes in
the filesystem.

Combined with 'it segfaults now and then' this renders kdenlive unusable
for me. Is there anything I can do to help you with fixing this bug and the
segfaults?

Are you aware of the segfault problems or should I send you stack
backtraces?

yours,
 - clifford

--
A byte walks into a bar and orders a pint. Bartender asks him "What's wrong?"
Byte says "Parity error." Bartender nods and says "Yeah, I thought you looked