[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.4 coming soon

Ronald Teune rtwolf at gmx.net
Mon Sep 18 22:53:46 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 21:06, Dan Attwood <"Dan Attwood"
<danattwood at googlemail.com>> wrote:
> Also - and this might be out of your hands I'd really like ubuntu
> packages or even better to see kdenlive in the repos - klik doesn't
> work very well for me i'm afraid.

If anyone knows some easy packaging software, I'm willing to give it a try. I
have been searching for ways to package .debs for exactly this purpose, but
it didn't seem too easy (and the facts that I'm somewhat lazy and busy with
other things at the moment didn't help...). I got all of it to compile and
run, and use Ubuntu myself.

> Oh and being able to export to AVI would be good as well

You can, actually ;-)
At least, it looks like you can. mplayer says this:
----
Playing mpeg4test.mpg.
AVI file format detected.
VIDEO:  [FMP4]  720x576  24bpp  25.000 fps  328.3 kbps (40.1 kbyte/s)
----
Export to mpeg4 and rename to .avi probably does the job. Perhaps kdenlive can
be made such that it automatically names mpeg4 files as *.avi?

Another thing: is it already possible to set a custom framerate and resolution
for a project, or is that something for a later version? I tried setting it
in a svn version of some time ago, but it doesn't keep the settings.

And yet another other thing: is it possible to lower the priority of kdenlive
when exporting? My computer becomes unusable for that time. I remember the
old days of the distributed.net client that just filled your CPU usage to
100% without slowing down other programs.

> Kudos for putting together the best editor there is by the way
>
> Dan

I can agree on that. :-)
It looks very promising. Good to see the high speed of development, great that
you folks are willing to put all this time in this project.

Ronald