[Kdenlive-devel] xorg.conf / S3 Prosavage8

jb jb at ader.ch
Sun Sep 3 10:00:16 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 23:28, Ronald Teune wrote:

> situation. Perhaps it has something to do with my video card then? Or with
> my X settings? (even though all other video players except for
> file-browser-video-preview in kdenlive work fine AFAIK) I tried disabling
> DRI, because I heard it could give problems, but I guess that's only true
> for 3D stuff. A part of my xorg.conf:

Hello.

Sorry, but as the issue seems related to your graphic card or system config,
it is hard for me to help you. But there is one more thing I would like you
to do.

One of the diffference between inigo and kdenlive when they play video is that
inigo uses the "sdl" and kdenlive uses an "sdl_preview" mode. It is possible
to force inigo to use that sdl_preview mode, and I would like you to try it
so that we can see if the issue is related to that preview mode. To do it,
first try to play it normally:

inigo my_video_file

Then try:

inigo my_video_file -consumer sdl_preview

Let me know if your problems are showing in the sdl_preview mode. It they do,
you should ask the MLT ( mlt.sf.net ) guys if they already heard about the
problem...

regards
jb